Monday, August 27, 2007

Out of curiosity ...

For the spring semester, there will be two (TWO!!) visual communication courses offered. Documentary Photography (JOUR5370) will be on the books, as always, as well as a new capstone-esque course - JOUR5990, Multimedia Journalism.

Since I'm limited in how many classes I can teach, we'll be hiring an adjunct to teach the 5370 course so I can do the new, experimental course. Because Doc will be done by an adjunct, the scheduling will be different - probably, probably, Tuesday OR Thursday evenings from 5-8. We're talking with a couple of staffers from the AJC about it so the adjunct will have a lot of experience at high level story telling.

Would anyone see a problem with doing an evening class? I know there would be R&B conflicts, but those should be easily worked out as not everyone would be in the class. (I hope some would choose the new course ...)

Let me know ASAP.

Thanks.

-mej

2 comments:

Lindy Dugger said...

I don't see any problems with it an evening-once-a-week class like that. I did classes like that for two and half years before I came to UGA. Worked pretty well for me, especially if it's just one day a week, it shouldn't be difficult to work around. I actually preferred classes like that, as opposed to 50 minutes here and there, which really interrupts my entire day. I think you'd need good communication among the instructor and the students, since you'd only meet once a week and questions are bound to arise, but yehaw power of the web. I'm not sure if that mean a whole lot, since I've already had doc.

That being said, I'd be interested in the capstone class.

sguevara said...

I don't see any problem with that time....

No fair, I want to take the capstone class too!