Thursday, October 2, 2008

Motor Racing Photography Tips

I don't know about you guys... but I'm just a little worried about making good photos at the race on Saturday. So I searched around the net and found a few good sites with tips on how to better prepare for what we'll encounter on the track.

  • WikiHow offers a good general "how to" along with tips and warnings.
  • Emotive Images provides a couple different articles with things to think about.
  • The New York Institute of Photography has an in-depth article about how professional race photographer, Bruce Miller, goes about it.
Take a look. Hopefully some of these will help us mentally prepare ourselves, but I've got this feeling that we'll just have to figure it out as we go. Should be a good time!

3 comments:

Sydney H. Oh said...

thanks. I'm quite nervous myself!

Beth Cooper said...

yeah thanks for the help...I was wondering though...is it possible to do pans with the cars going that fast? I've been trying to find some pics but i cant...

Mark E. Johnson said...

You can do it ... it's actually a little easier as your shutter speed won't be as low.