Friday, September 19, 2008

Election Stories

I know that our election centered photo stories are a little ways off, but I just wanted to point to a story that the Rocky Mountain News did on the democratic national convention this year. I really think it's done brilliantly and some of the time lapse stuff is pretty cool too. Some of you guys might remember that the Rocky Mountain News also did a story called "Final Salute," which is amazing.

It's called "At last, At last, A Dream Fulfilled." Though it does focus on Barack OBama, the story's more about Denver and the people who live there. So, despite this big starting point, the story still feels localized.

It's long, but hang in there.

3 comments:

Beth Farrar said...

Very well done. I always love their stuff. The mass of scene-setters at the beginning was really effective, I think.

Ellie Mann said...

The Rocky Mountain news did a really good job with this. Every image is really well seen

Beth Cooper said...

I loved the images...the only thing is is I'm in the slc and don't have headphones so I can't hear what anybody's saying...so when I get home I'll probably love the commentary as well...again with the peaceful protests though...i don't understand...maybe if i listen with sound I'll understand...