Friday, September 19, 2008

History of Photography


I was playing around on National Geographic's website and saw this image that MEJ showed us last class of the bullet going through the apple- a moment that perfected high-speed stroboscopic photography.  After clicking on it, it took me through a neat timeline of the history of photography which I found interesting. Some of these photos I have seen many times (the image of the Afghan girl's piercing green eyes), but others I had either never seen, or never fully understood their magnitude and the milestone they represented.  It was incredible to see the images they were able to create at such a primitive stage of the camera. 

Just thought it was worth checking out!

2 comments:

Amanda Harkins said...

That was so cool!

I like that the first person ever photographed was a fluke.

Beth Farrar said...

you know what this looks perfect for... that paper we have to write at the end of the semester on the most important photo ever taken...

always thinkin' ; )