Friday, September 19, 2008

Daily Dose of Imagery

I'd forgotten about this site until I was going through my old favorites looking for something interesting to post -- every day this guy takes a picture around his hometown (Toronto) and posts it, and almost all of the time they're very GOOD pictures, too. Among other things, it's a good place to get ideas for features -- and just to get some ideas of sorts of pictures in general that you might want to try.

There are similar sites to look for -- I know there was another person I came across once who takes a portrait of someone every day -- whether it's in his studio, on the street, or on location somewhere. Sometimes they're planned, sometimes they're not -- I'll post the link if I come across it again, but otherwise look out for it yourself on google, it shouldn't be too hard to find.


There are landscapes, weather pictures, small detail pictures, portraits, pictures from premieres and festivals, and lots of similar things. The archives go all the way back to July 4, 2003 -- so there's plenty to see.

2 comments:

Beth Farrar said...

Cool concept. I like. : )

Unknown said...

First link doesn't work, takes me to a blogger page that says 'blog not found.'

The link embedded in the photo, however, does, and very nice.