Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Talking to the Taliban

So, I came across this multimedia piece from the Globe and Mail in Canada. I'd seen it awhile ago but was glad to find it again. There's more interviewing and video storytelling than photographs, but I thought it was a really well done. It's amazing the kind of access they got on this. The very concept of reaching out to a terrorist organization to tell why the individual soldiers believe, rather than just lambasting them in political rhetoric, is scary and powerful and so, so important. It humanizes them, I think, and creates an environment for understanding. That's key.

I was also trying to find a website through the Washington Post. They had short interviews (less than 5 min.) with interesting citizens around town. I remember a young male marijuana lawyer and an older man who was an art model. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd really like to find it again!

No comments: